Monday, September 25, 2006

Poetry

My friend made a really nice poem that I'd like to share. She has a real knack for poems and this one is just beautiful:

Today

The sun rises, a new day has begun.
Today I will achieve a goal, and set a brand new one.
Rising from my slumber, I think and plan my day,
Today I'll get my work done, and later is time for play.

I eat my breakfast faithfully, then go wash my face,
And head my way out of the door, a destination in place.
Today I will help someone out, a careful genuine act,
I wont complain of the rain or weather, or how the roads are packed.

I drive carefully to my workplace, and greet everyone with a smile,
Taking care to ask of their day, a little happiness lasts a while.
Today I will take an extra assignment, to lighten anothers load,
I will remain motivated and passionate, and remain in working mode.

I arrive back home from my work, and set my belongings down,
I may be tired and worn out, but I have my children around.
A sandwich for a snack I make, and admire their messy art,
Each smile from their excited faces, as they explain their part.

We play a game and make some dinner, and sit down to eat,
Then bath the kids and lay them to rest, and then put up my feet.
But I must not relax to long, theres projects due and things to clean,
I stand up with a small sigh, tired, but refrain from being mean.

Today I accomplished many things, and all without attitude,
I made another person feel good, and felt a sense of gratitude.
Though days are long and often tough, I dont let myself stray,
Keep focused and be kind to everyone, and never walk away.

Life is what you make of it, so make every day your best,
Take care of your own needs, but dont forget the rest,
A simple gesture can go so far, so help out all the time,
Have a great day and dont forget, a smile improved mine.

- Michelle Charles

Makes me wish I had talent like that XD

2 Comments:

Blogger token black guy said...

yo i gotta holla at dat! but fo real doh. she wanna record deal? she could rap fa sho and make mad azz loot!

4:13 p.m.  
Blogger Justine said...

Thanks for the imput TBG :D

1:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home