Saturday, May 20, 2006

Breakin' The Break

Yeah, so I took a little week long break. Between all of that FFXI and Kingdom Hearts (and sleeping, of course) I didn't have much time to do anything else. Plus, you know, when you obviously have a medical problem that hurts, it's Murphy's Law that you're bound to get another to make the pain worse. Lo and behold, I have an ear infection. You know those bad ones where it hurts to touch but its ITCHY AS ALL HELL? Yeah... THAT kind. So basically, I've been wasting away on video games and pain medications for the last week. Aren't you happy that you aren't me?

So you know what today's hate all topic is?

Itchiness.
(n : an irritating cutaneous sensation that produces a desire to scratch [syn: itch, itching])

I hate scratching. I hate it. Cause when you scratch, you can't stop, and it NEVER does anything good in the long run. It makes your skin red, weird stuff (possibly skin) flakes off and then it gets all stuck in your nails and you're left with a big mess of yucky stuff. For example, I have dandruff like everyone else in this world. And after a few days (usually 2) my scalp gets REALLY itchy, so sometimes, I'm up at night practically rubbing my scalp RAW because it can get so bad. But what does that accomplish? Well, from my experience it does the following:

1) Makes really worn spots on my head bleed.
2) Puts little gross pieces of skin and dandruff under my nails (which bugs the hell outta me).
3) Makes me even MORE itchy.

So why DID the body invent the itch? Some say its to remove harmful stuff from your skin. I, personally, think it's bullshit. If they can do a quadruple bi-pass on someone's heart to keep them alive, then they can find a cure for ITCHINESS! 'Cause I swear, one day, someone's gonna lose it and go postal (or maybe it's already happened, iono). But, then people are going to have to wake up and say "Damn... what ants crawled up his pants?" Well maybe... IT WAS THE ITCH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home