Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Question Mark of DOOM

Now... I feel like updating this blog with a story about an adventure I had on final fantasy XI yesterday. I've been playing for 2 years now and the dorks who are my friends keep requesting a story of me on final fantasy in my blog... again. So, i'll share the story of "THE QUESTION MARK OF DOOM" for all of you who care and have nothing better to do than fill your life with me. Thanks.

So, today, Myloko hates:

The QUESTION MARK OF DOOM.

For everyone reading this who doesn't know, let me fill you in. In 3 areas of the game there's a "???" that appears at random near a warping station (crags as they're called in the game). And because this is a wierd game, the ??? speaks. If you click and talk to it, it shouts profanities at you and asks for items. Nice little bugger eh? So, if you feel nice (ie: stupid) you can trade items to the ??? which actually happens to be a goblin called the Goblin Archaeologist. Seems simple, right? Well, it is and it isn't. Sadly, you can only trade one item per day to the stupid bugger so therefore, in order to pop his goblin ass, you need some friends (ie: equally retarded idiots) to also trade items so that he'll come out of his hole and fight you. Simple? Sure, if you can find enough idiots, that is.

Yesterday, I warped my self to one of the crags and waited for my friend who was taking his sweet ass time going through his junk. As I sat there, I noticed the ??? on the ground. Whoo! It's my job in the game to blow things up so why not kill something that actually drops something of monetary value? So, I walk up to the thing and the bish says "Gimme yer goods!" The game pointed about that he was just below the surface which meant that with a few more items, he'd come out. So, I waited a few more minutes and my friend finally came. So, like I did, he trades some junk to the bugger... but he fails to come out. The game now says that even clsoer to the surface. Perfect, one more person should do it, right?

So, since I really wanted this thing to come out I called into another one of my friends to help pop it. Again, she gives it something... but no goblin. The game now reads "very close to the surface." At this point, the friend who I waited for decided he had to go help another friend and left (damn bugger >.>) and the friend who warped in also had to go because she was late for work. So, what does Myloko do? She stands there on top of the ??? waiting for another friend to come... but somehow, everyone just HAPPENS to be busy >.>

After some more time passed (and some bugging on my part) a nice white mage comes along and offers to help pop the thing. So, like the others, she trades it an item... but still no gobby. NOW the game reads "extremely close to the surface." Hot damn! One more should do it! So, since another game day had passed, I traded it another item. So what does it say now? "Just beyond the top layer" DAMN! HOW MANY WAYS DOES THE GAME HAVE TO SAY THAT ITS RIGHT UNDER THE GROUND? This is when I wish that they had shovels in the game ._.

So, after waiting a bit more, another friend comes back from being away and I persuade (ie: bribe) him into coming out and popping the thing. Cmon, one more, right? So, since he was a being a baby and didn't want to pay for a teleport, I had to warp back to where he was, get some innocent sucker I know to warp us, and then wait for him as he took his sweet time coming to join us. But, after a few minutes he comes and we're finally on our way. As we reach the crag though... I notice a group of people standing around... standing around the EXACT same spot where I left the ??? just a few minutes ago. To my horror, the group told me, "Yeah! I just traded it one item and BAM! He popped! He was REALLY weak too! Took me two shots to kill him! And he dropped 2 beastcoins! Man... i'm having such a lucky day!" This is when I felt like:

a) Smacking him
b) Smacking my friend for being so slow
c) Smacking my head against the wall
d) All of the above

Damn... yesterday just wasn't my day online. But, it was my bunny's 3rd bithday :D She was adopted last year from the SPCA and her name's Lucky ;) She's a flemish giant who weights 5.2 kg (around 12lbs) and she likes bananas XD

http://myloko.homestead.com/files/CIMG0010.JPG
http://myloko.homestead.com/files/CIMG0044.JPG

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww such a cute bunny. I used to have a bunny, but the neighbors dogs ate him...>.>;

6:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home