Sunday, June 11, 2006

The New Druggie

Yeeeeeeeeep... I'm on drugs. No, they aren't illegal. Yes, they were prescribed by a doctor. No, they aren't addictive and yes, they taste bad. I should know, I can't swallow pills so I have to crush them. But besides that, Myloko's in pain... again. You see, I had to go for another operation on Thursday because the last one that caused me HORRIBLE pain 2 months ago just happened to FAIL so they had to start all over again from scratch. At least this time, they didn't give me tylenol 3s but some new painkiller that works... and puts me to sleep! I like taking naps so this gives me time to relax a bit more and get some more zzz. This pain isn't too bad though but now I pretty much miss the entire summer by doing nothing. But that's not a big deal, I don't even own a bathing suit. I do have these odd cravings for sugar though, maybe its the pills. Right now, I'm not hating too much. I just feel tired. The only thing I could really rant about is the scary old ladies in the hospital. And by scary I mean the ones who have obviously been off of their rocker for a few decades.

So today's piss off is:

Crazy, old ladies in hospitals.

Everytime I go in for surgery there's always some loud person who makes my head feel like its going to explode. The first time I was beside a little girl who had her tonsils taken out and because she was in pain. She decided that she had to SCREAM all night long and they couldn't move me to a private room because there wasn't enough nurses so I didn't sleep that night and I think its safe to say that none of the ward did either. The second time I was moved right into a private room so it was nice and quiet and I had an unlimited number of visitors at a time. The third time was a same day surgery so I had surgery, woke up, and they let me go before dinner. The only problem that time was when they were wheeling me to the door to leave I kinda puked everywhere. The fourth time I was just wheeled into my room (which happened to be shared) and the woman beside me wouldn't stop yelling her stories about her children. When you have a migrane or anything of that sort you know how sensitive your head can be to sound. That's what it's usually like when you wake up from a surgery. So you can see why I'd be pressuring people to put tape on her mouth @_@ Yes, she was told REPEATEDLY to keep it down because of my head and she still didn't.

So this last time, it was going pretty well. I had a private room, decent service and all was going well... until 5am... when this crazy lady decided that she wanted to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS CRYING BLOODY MURDER because "that's how she tells that she's in pain." I know that the ENTIRE ward was woken up, even my nurse who was on break and was taking a nap was woken by her yells. You'd figure that a mentally retarded person would be in the mentally retarded ward... so why was she near me? @_@ I swear... everything's out to get me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home